Project aim: to build a unit to produce biogas from our paper manufacturing waste.
After the first stone was laid on 13 July 2016 and months of work, we were pleased to host a number of guests at the Golbey site, including investors, partners and representatives of local bodies, to mark the inauguration of the biogas production unit on 28 June 2018.
As well as creating new income streams, this unit offers many other benefits:
- Reducing our carbon footprint and fossil CO2 emissions,
- Re-using our effluent in a circular economy approach,
- Reducing our electricity consumption and the use of chemicals to treat our effluent,
- The project is in line with our environmental and Corporate Social Responsibility commitments,
- The project is entirely in keeping with the French government’s commitment to develop bio-energies.
The project was financially supported by the Rhine-Meuse Water Agency and ADEME.